Florida Internet Sex Crimes Attorney
Internet sex crimes are a growing category thanks to the rapid growth in technology. When an adult lures, entices, or encourages a sexual act to occur with a minor via a computer, this is considered internet solicitation of a minor. Even if there is no physical meetup, a solicitation charge can be finalized. Internet solicitation has the potential to become a third degree felony, and can land you up to 5 years in prison for each solicitation.
New laws have been enacted by the state of Florida to apply to adults who actually meet with a minor after solicitation over the internet. If you travel any distance to meet a minor with the intent to engage in sexual activities, you could be facing a second degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
There are a lot of factors that play into the defense for an internet sex crime allegation, most of which are fact based, including:
- The manner in which the contact was initiated
- Who suggested the sexual encounter first?
- How explicit was the age of the alleged victim made?
- What evidence does law enforcement have that you were the actual other person on the dialogue?
- Where is the IP address on the computer alleged to have been used?
- Were pictures transmitted that showed the victim in a mature or age of maturity likeness?
- Was a meeting ever suggested or even planned?
If you or a loved one has been charged with a sex crime, contact天津福彩app下载 today for a consultation to discuss your legal options.
In need of a consultation?
Get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
517 W Bryan St.
Kissimmee, FL. 34741